Summer Activities in and Around New Carlisle, OH
There are plenty of things to do in and around New Carlisle that are at their best during summer, so you’ll never want for fun activities during everyone’s favorite time of year.
- Visit a drive-in theatre
- Go hiking
- Cool off in New Carlisle pool
- Marvel at the Ohio caverns
- Tee off at Sugar Isle Golf Course
Why Not Try These Popular Summer Activities Around New Carlisle?
- Visit a Drive-in Theatre: Drive-in theatres are making a comeback, and there’s no better time to try one than during a fair-weathered summer night. The Chakeres Park Layne Drive-In used to be open in New Carlisle but unfortunately shut down for good a few years back, alongside the Skyborn Drive-In and Belmont one. However, you can still find the Dixie Twin Drive-In Theatre in Dayton!
- Go Hiking: You can really enjoy the best of summer weather by getting out into nature for a hike. For something easy, try the Spring Lake Park Loop for a level 2.9-mile stroll. Looking for something a little more strenuous? Look to the Twin Creek Metro Park hike for 6.9 miles and 184 feet of elevation gain.
- Cool Off in New Carlisle Pool: Open to the public, the New Carlisle Pool is naturally popular during the hottest days of summer. Located at 301 E. Lake Street, it’s the ideal place to cool off and let your young ones get used to staying in the water.
- Marvel at the Ohio Caverns: Once flowing with glacial water, the Ohio Caverns remain a steady 54 degrees year-round, so they’re a nice place to visit when the sun is beating down hard. You’ll view some of America’s most unique formations as you take in one of the largest cave systems in Ohio.
- Tee Off at Sugar Isle Golf Course: Take advantage of the summer weather by visiting this 18-hole par 72 public facility. This legendary golf course features a variety of bentgrass tees and greens with bluegrass fairways to create a challenging course that’s still accessible to golfers of all ages and abilities.
Visit Our New Carlisle Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Showroom to Find Out More About New Carlisle Attractions
Visitors from Dayton, Springfield, and Huber Heights know they’ll find great things to do in and around New Carlisle when they come to us. For more about our town, whether you want to hear about top restaurants or unmissable off-road trails, don’t hesitate to contact us today. And while you’re still here, take a look at our guide to car repair financing.