How Much Can a Ram 1500 Tow?
When this vehicle is properly equipped, the 2019 Ram 1500 has a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds. This impressive figure allows the Ram 1500 to deliver a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. The RAM 1500 is all-new for the 2019 model year, and builds upon the success of the 2018 model. Learn more about the new Ram 1500 towing capacity as well as what else it has to offer Springfield drivers!
Ram 1500 Engines Specs
Drivers have three different engine options with the 2019 Ram 1500. No matter which of the three engines you choose, it will be paired with a standard class-exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission. Here’s what you can expect from the Ram 1500 powertrain choices:
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque—Expect 205 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque. It offers a max towing capacity of 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine—This option generates up to 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque. It can also tow a maximum of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® Engine with eTorque—You will see the same figures as the traditional V8, but this engine configuration enhances towing capability to 12,750 pounds.
Depending on the specific configuration that you select, payload capacity ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds.
Features that Boost Towing Ability
Powerful engines aren’t the only reason the Ram 1500 towing capacity is so extraordinary. This light-duty pickup offers some of the most impressive features in its class to help make towing a breeze on the Huber Heights streets.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: The Ram 1500 is equipped with 14.9-inch brakes. This allows for the outstanding stopping power to help keep you safe.
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: This transmission works in tandem with the eTorque mild hybrid system to help the Ram deliver fuel economy figures that can reach 17 mpg city/23 mpg highway.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This optional amenity keeps tabs on your blind zones, and even takes trailer length into consideration.
You can learn more about the RAM 1500 trim levels and features with New Carlisle Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram!
Take the 2019 Ram 1500 for a Spin at New Carlisle Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
Interested in learning more about 2019 Ram 1500 beyond its towing ability? If so, feel free to stop by the dealership, set up a test drive, or contact us at your convenience! You can even learn more about the RAM 1500 gas mileage. Ready to move forward with buying or leasing? Our sales and finance team will help you find the perfect car or truck that fits your budget, and estimate the most accurate monthly payments.
More About All-New RAM 1500 Features
When this vehicle is properly equipped, the 2019 Ram 1500 has a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds. This impressive figure allows the Ram 1500 to deliver a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. The RAM 1500 is all-new for the 2019 model year, and builds upon the success of the 2018 model. Learn more about…
If you’ve been waiting for the 2019 Ram 1500 reviews before deciding on your new truck, the wait is over. The critics have spoken, and they have incredible things to say about the all-new Ram 1500. So before you make the trip from Dayton or Springfield to find your next truck at New Carlisle Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram, reassure yourself…